To keep this blog ad-free, this post may contain affiliate links and/or paid placement. Click here to read our full disclosure.
If you’ve followed Think Save Retire for many years, you know that we’re somewhat new to the Instagram game (If you haven’t be sure to check us out: instagram.com/thinksaveretire/). One of the best, most rewarding parts of creating an account has been following and meeting all of the amazing creators from all over the world. One that stuck out to me right away was @TheFinancialTalk.
Not only was the content, TFT’s founder, Nathaly, eye catching and aesthetically pleasing (#gramglam) it was informative and transparent in an intriguing way. I also greatly appreciated her empowering stance for women and immigrants that brings a refreshing light to financial growth when moving to a new country. Not only does she advocate for surviving but she shows people in these circumstances how to thrive!
I knew right away I wanted to hear more of her story, and luckily she agreed to do an interview! And boy, she did not disappoint. The interview was done over Zoom with no real intention of publishing publicly BUT because of her natural charisma there was way too much value in our conversation that there was no way we couldn’t post almost every minute.
I hope anyone who watches enjoys our conversation as much as I did—I’ve also included timestamps below to jump to most of the key points and questions you might be interested in—Enjoy!
KEY POINTS (TIMESTAMPS):
- 00:00 – About The Financial Talk + a day in the life for Nathaly in Canada
- 12:58 – Nathaly’s favorite content she’s produced on The Financial Talk so far
- 19:13 – What financial independence means to her
- (BONUS) 21:15 – Does Melissa really know how to play the ukulele or is it just decor?
- 23:00 – Deciding which financial advice to trust, try and, as a content creator, which to share.
- 26:43 – What Nathaly likes most about personal finance/financial planning
- 30:53 – What is Nathaly’s biggest goal for 2020/2021 and the next 10 years
- 33:50 – Besides school/work, these resources or life experiences taught Nathaly the most about finance.
- 40:54 – Nathaly’s advice for anyone immigrating to Canada/U.S./etc. and looking to grow financially + her message to TSR’s readers
- (BONUS PART II) 00:00 – Nathaly turns the tables to interview Melissa!