Okay, we all make mistakes, but hopefully it wasn’t a mistake that I made. But if it was, let me know and I’ll do my best to fix it as soon as I can.
In the meantime, check out some of the awesomeness that I’ve been working on over the past couple of years.
Why this blog kicks ass (even if only in my head)
- We link to other blogs in our weekly Friday Feasts
- We reveal our monthly budget
- I’ve designed graphical inspiration for you fine people
- I try to put a positive spin on everything
- I love to trash-talk careers!
How I am achieving early retirement (Must Reads, please!)
To me, retirement isn’t just about “not working”. Retirement is about choosing what to do with your life outside of the restrictive confines of a 10-hour / day job. I’ve written about my path towards early retirement a few times on the blog.
For example, here is a collection of “Must Reads” if you want to get the most out of my journey:
- My wife and I want to travel the country on $30k a year
- I understand that I’m not perfect and never will be; perfection is not the goal
- We meticulously budget our expenses, though I also admit when budgets don’t work
- We are not minimalists; we simply live below our means
- Attitude is everything, and thinking positively is a powerful force
How to achieve early retirement
My thoughts on retiring early are simple. Remember, “retirement” means different things to different people. Don’t let society dictate to you what retirement “should be”. That is entirely up to you, my friends.
- First, ignore the retirement police and naysayers.
- And remember, a high income is not the only way to retire early
- Understand that the stock market is about long-term success
- No need to be a genius to retire early, just a little flexibility
- Also, financial independence and early retirement are very different
My most popular posts
Check out the five most popular posts published on this blog:
- My Retirement Renassaince
- Our Financial Independence date, new and improved
- The awesomeness of not being important
- How to master your early retirement lifestyle
- Screw it! I am retiring by 36 and here is how