Fetch Rewards Review 2024: How Much We Made
Fetch is one of the most well-loved receipt scanning apps with millions of 5-star reviews, earning it recognition from The Motley Fool, Experian, and Data AI as one of the best rewards apps in America.
Out of all the cashback apps we’ve reviewed, Fetch ranks among the best with its user-friendly app flow, solid cashback rates, and various ways to earn. With this in mind, it’s certainly worth signing up for.
Fetch Rewards received the following reviews:
- 4.8 Stars on the Apple App Store (4.8M reviews)
- 4.6 Stars on the Google Play Store (1M reviews)
- 4.7 Stars on TrustPilot (1,700 reviews)
- 4.8 Stars on Think Save Retire
Our Fetch Rewards Review: 4.8 Stars
I’ve uploaded receipts into Fetch for several years, and I must say, it’s certainly worth using. Like all cashback platforms, it has its cons, but the pros far outweigh them.
What We Love
Fetch is a free, easy-to-use cashback app that allows you to earn gift cards by scanning receipts. It’s available on the Apple App Store and Google Play Store, making it compatible with most smartphones.
Unlike cashback apps like Receipt Hog, Fetch offers bonuses for specific items, allowing you to rack up points fairly quickly. They also offer a solid referral program — 1,000 points for you and 500 points for your referral — giving you an extra boost if you refer a friend. On average, every 1,000 points equals $1 once redeemed.
While I’ve never needed to contact customer support, reviewers on TrustPilot claim they’ve had a positive experience.
What We Don’t Love
Fetch doesn’t have many downsides, but there are a couple worth noting.
While their cashout rates are solid, they’re inconsistent. For example, 5,000 points are worth $3 when redeemed with Amazon but $5 when redeemed with Barnes & Noble. It’s minor, but we’d love to see the cashout rates consistent across the board.
We’re also not major fans of the expiration policy. If your account is inactive for 90 consecutive days, your points will expire.
How Fetch Rewards Works
Here’s how Fetch Rewards works:
- Download the app from your phone’s app store.
- Create an account. It’s completely free to sign up, but you will need personal information to complete your account.
- Shop as normal, but keep your receipts.
- Scan your receipts into Fetch. Simply open the app, tap the camera icon at the bottom of your screen, then take a picture of the receipt. After the receipt is captured, swipe up on the screen to submit your receipt.
- Redeem your points for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, charitable donations, and Fetch merch.
How Much We Earned Using Fetch Rewards
I will say — I’m not the best at scanning my receipts in. I don’t shop in person that much, and I don’t purchase the groceries for the household, which are the real money-makers on Fetch.
That said, I’ve still earned a decent bit for what I have scanned in. So far, I’ve earned roughly $35 — $25 I previously redeemed and around 10,000 more points I’ll be able to redeem soon. For the minimal effort I’ve put in with Fetch, this is decent.
How much you earn on Fetch ultimately depends on how much you’re spending, where you’re shopping, and what you’re buying. According to Fetch, active users scan an average of 28 receipts per month. Depending on the bonuses offered, it’s entirely possible to earn around 10,000 points per month, amounting to roughly $120 in redeemed value per year.
How to Maximize Fetch Rewards Earnings
If you want to earn more with Fetch, here are a few tips to increase your earnings:
- Look through the offers before shopping. Making small tweaks to your shopping list, like buying a different brand of potato chips, could earn you several thousand points by hitting a bonus offer.
- Connect your Amazon, Walmart, and email accounts. By connecting these external accounts, Fetch can collect e-receipts to earn you additional points.
- Join Huggies Rewards+ and General Mills Good Rewards. These two loyalty programs give you access to exclusive, higher bonus offers on Huggies and General Mills products.
- Use GoodRx coupons. Fetch partners with GoodRx, a coupon site for prescription drugs, to give users 10,000 points when they use a GoodRx coupon. You’ll save money on your prescription and earn $10 worth of Fetch points.
- Play games with Fetch Play. One of their latest updates, Fetch Play, allows you to earn points for completing tasks within games like Monopoly, Coin Master, and Travel Town. These games are similar to other gaming apps, where tasks aren’t intended to be easy, so it may not be the simplest or fastest way to earn. You’ll also need to allow activity tracking across other companies’ apps and websites.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Fetch Rewards Actually Legit?
Fetch is a legitimate way to earn cashback from scanning receipts. While customers have reported issues with the platform to the Better Business Bureau, Fetch received an A+ rating and actively responds to customer complaints.
What Does Fetch Rewards Do With Your Receipts?
Is Fetch a Good Way to Make Money?
Overall, Fetch is a good way to make extra income without investing a ton of time. As with all cashback apps, it won’t make you a millionaire, and there are better ways to earn more. That said, if you’ve got little time and want to make an extra $10 to $30 a month, Fetch is a great start.
What Are Some Alternatives to Fetch?
Ibotta, Rakuten, and Honey are great alternatives to Fetch. That said, if you want to maximize your earning potential, download all of the cashback platforms you can and upload receipts into each one.